Chess program Galjoen
Galjoen is a chess program written in C++11.
Some of it's characteristics are:
To get an idea of it's strength, here you find 800 fast games played against other engines:
- The evaluation function is primarily based on material, mobility and piece square tables.
- Galjoen uses PVS ,
nullmove pruning , LMR
and futility pruning .
- Moves are generated with the help of magic bitboards .
- Galjoen can use an opening book in Polyglot *.bin format, or play without a book.
- It has a bit of endgame knowledge and uses an endgame table base for the king,queen versus king,rook endgame.
- It has it's own graphical user interface (build on gtkmm3) but can also work as a standalone
engine with any other interface that supports xboard or uci protocol.
- It is published under the GNU General Public License.